At South-Town Refrigeration & Mechanical, our people make the difference.
We are a three-generation, family-owned and operated company that has provided superior service and quality products for more than sixty years. Our engineers, technicians, staff, and management offer experience and expertise that’s second-to-none in the commercial refrigeration, heating, ventilation, and cooling, and building automation industries.
Licenses & Certifications
South-Town Refrigeration & Mechanical technicians maintain all necessary licenses and certifications as required by state and local regulations, including:
- Master A heating license
- Licensed refrigeration contractors
- Licensed boiler operators
- Universal refrigerant certifications
In addition, our technicians and staff participate in on-going training and professional development as part of our commitment to outstanding service.
Meet the South-Town Refrigeration & Mechanical leadership team:
Second-generation owner, Michael Fitch has been with the company more than 40 years. Day-to-day, he focuses on services, industrial refrigeration projects, and building automation systems. Michael’s father, Don, started the business in 1957, and Michael is proud that the founders’ sons are now part of the third generation of owners. Being family-owned and managed is crucial to the company’s success, as well as retaining great long-term employees.
In his spare time, Michael spends time with family and at the cabin. He enjoys fishing and hunting.
- Associate degree from North Dakota State School of Science
- St. Cloud Master Heating License; Minneapolis/St. Paul Master Refrigeration License, State of Iowa Master Refrigeration License; Master Electrician PLT License
Mark Fitch, third generation, has worked with the company since he was able to drive at age 16. The day Mark got his driver’s license, he drove to the office and asked when he could start in the warehouse and deliver parts. He leads the maintenance sales team and works with the service department. He is also involved in special construction projects related to chillers, boilers, ice arenas, and industrial refrigeration.
Mark enjoys working with customers to solve service issues and challenging heating or cooling needs. In his spare time, Mark enjoys hanging out with his family and putzing around the house. He’s a huge Timberwolves fan.
- Bachelor of Science in HVAC Engineering Technology – Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
- Universal EPA Certification, Power Limited Technician, City of St. Cloud Master B gas license
Scott has been with the company for over 15 years as our Construction Manager. His job duties include project management, estimating, design, sales, and overall operations in refrigeration construction.
Outside of work, Scott enjoys exploring the outdoors and spending time with his wife and their three young children.
- Bachelor of Science in HVACR Engineering Technology and Energy Management from Ferris State University
Pat started with the company as our first salesman and estimator in 1977 and became a part owner in 1985. He oversees HVAC and refrigeration construction and business development. Pat, who now carries multiple municipal licenses, watched the refrigeration trade evolve from its simplest form. As a child, he lived on a resort in northern Minnesota. One of his jobs was to take care of customers’ fish in the ice house, which was filled with ice blocks cut from the lake and insulated with sawdust.
Pat enjoys spending time with his six grandchildren, hunting, fishing, golfing, and anything outdoors.
- Bachelor of Science in University Studies, North Dakota State University
- Associate degree in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology from Moorhead Vo-Tech
Ryan Welty has been in Sales & Operations with the company since 2011.
Ryan enjoys spending time with his family and friends at the lake, skiing, paddling, biking, hunting, fishing, or just about anything outdoors. He also enjoys traveling with his wife and seeing as many new places as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree, St. John’s University